Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!

It's your birthday! I wish you were here for so many reasons, but one reason is simply because you would make it fun!  You always had a way to liven up everything.  Last year I bought you sunscreen to get ready for the beach as well as foot lotion and soothing socks to help with your foot pain.  I think Dad got you flowers for the house and Julie sent an edible fruit bouquet.  It seemed like a normal birthday. We had no idea what was in store for us! 

This day last year, God sent us a sign...you woke up with intense back pain that ruined your birthday spirits.  It forced you to the doctor's to learn several days later that the cancer had all come back.  Maybe that was a birthday gift?  Because would we have found out in time to fight it and keep you with us until December?  Seriously, you had had a check up in April and was in full remission.  How could this be!

2 comments:

  1. MPA ..Mary Paula my wife of almost 38 years, a wonderful and loving person..You were on my mind and heart.. Your 66th DB..I visited your memorial site and tended to the flowers that Dina and I put on your bed of new grass..we now have our headstone..I love you and miss you..life is just not as much fun without you Mary..Friday I'm going to the Beach in Ventnor and dreaming of you next to me..

    ReplyDelete