Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day to Remember

As I think about Mom and Mother's Day, this was such a special day for the two of us.  I made sure to spoil her when I became an adult since she was always so good to us as kids, teens, and young adults.  So if there was something we hadn't tried yet, we made sure to do it today.  Afternoon tea, wineries, Shirley Mae walks, brunches, spas, bbqs, walks on the boards, you name it!  I would usually make dinner and let her choose her favorites.  Last year for dessert she wanted me to try something new so I made dessert quesadillas with coolwhip, ricotta, strawberry filling.  She liked it a lot!

I still feel shocked that she's not here to share in this fun day.  I wish I could hug her one more time and tell her how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment